Compliance Operations Lead, AU
- Melbourne, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
The Compliance Team works to protect Square, Square Sellers, and ensure safe growth across our ecosystem. Square's Australian Compliance Team is looking for an Compliance Operations Lead to guide compliance within the merchant commerce space. Reporting to the Compliance Lead - Australia, you will guide the Compliance Operations and its team members to achieve and outperform the team vision and and mission. You will support team members to foster a great culture and succeed as a Team. Just to name a few you will lead a team of Compliance Analysts, Specialists and Operations Staff who undertake many responsibilities including compliance investigations, customer reviews, regulatory reporting and project-based work relating to team activities.
- Provide an inclusive and positive culture within your team
- Manage goal setting and set team objectives
- Help develop global policies and program management
- Manage escalation processes and relationships with team partners
- Monitor compliance queues and resources inclusive of setting and managing team targets
- Implement operational procedures
- Create and work with partners to develop procedures
- Manage performance of Team Members following procedures and guidelines
- Manage team resources and budget
- Undertake projects and compliance program enhancements
- Provide advance analysis of transaction and customer behaviour and manage accordingly
- Train on policies, procedures and operations and undertake ongoing development plans to help improve personal and professional growth
- Advocate for customers by identifying trends and suggesting improvements to Square processes and products
- Support partners with the review of regulatory obligations and manage obligations within your team's scope
- Positively contribute to the team environment and support the Compliance Team
- Experience working in Compliance Operations
- Relevant tertiary education
- Experience working in a customer-focused environment
- Research skills
- Desire to improve the customer experience
- Passion for Square and interest in the technology industry
- Experience working in a finance or risk environment.
- ACAM certified
- Fin-tech or insurance industry experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.