Product Manager - IT Experience
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
As a Product Manager for our internal IT team, you will create a strategy that enables a simple and delightful IT experience for Square's employees (Squares). You will manage the technical road map for compelling new IT infrastructure and services that helps Squares be most productive. Your partnership with internal customers and partners will be essential to re imagining the future of work and unleashing new ways to work with a globally distributed workforce.
- Identify the multitude of Square employee personas and develop an understanding of the technology problems they face daily. You will use this information to explain your customers' "Jobs to Be Done", determine features and write product specifications.
- Partner with important partners such as Real Estate, Workplace, and Trust and Safety to (re)imagine the future of work
- Work with IT engineering teams and team members across the organization to scope and develop relevant technology infrastructure (e.g. employee compute hardware, cloud services, AV tech) and services (e.g. ML, observability, data analytics) that meet the needs of Squares.
- Be a product owner, accountable and responsible for end-to-end service delivery and life cycle management of people, process, technologies across the portfolio.
- Rationalize and influence leadership on build vs. buy options.
- Lead prioritization and trade-offs between schedule, performance and cost to meet strategic and financial (ROI) goals.
- 8+ years of experience in any of the following technical fields - IT hardware, SaaS applications, cloud computing, virtualization and global infrastructure, networking, security, or software development
- 2+ years of experience in Product Management
- An experimental mindset that uses data and metrics to backup assumptions and support decision-making.
- Experience testing clear hypotheses, and prepare solutions without well-defined direction.
- Experience building trust with customers, internal partners/team members and executives.
- Experience presenting ideas and solutions (PRFAQs, PRDs, QBRs ) to a variety of audiences, including executives, engineers, our teams and the entire company.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.