Senior Data Analyst
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne as well as remotely.
The Senior Data Analyst will be joining a brand new analytics team - Cash App Compliance Analytics - chartered to transform us into a data-driven Compliance organization. They will play a pivotal role in delivering actionable analytics to leaders throughout the Cash App business. Laser-focused on researching, quantifying and communicating compliance risks, they will enable Cash App to disrupt the financial services industry. Reporting into the Analytics Manager of Cash App Compliance, they will partner closely with Product, Growth, Data Science and Engineering.
- Build databases, design dashboards, and define metrics to support scale, analyze risks, and provide easily understood reports for operational teams and senior management
- Lead special projects working with compliance and various teams to diagnose complex problems and develop compelling, data-driven recommendations
- Uncover relevant insights on topics affecting compliance, including: new risks, compliance operating effectiveness, risk tolerance, product launches and usage, key performance and risk indicators
- Harness raw data to help stakeholders understand the impact of new regulation, policies, or environmental changes to our compliance program and the Cash App platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners from engineering to customer experience in order to inform strategic builds of essential compliance program elements
- Clearly communicate insights to important partners and influence teams to take action based on your recommendations
- 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent work experience.
- Expert level abilities in SQL and data analysis/visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Looker)
- Experience using data to solve complex, ambiguous, high-impact, cross-functional problems
- Vision to proactively define problems and manage projects in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization
- Ability to bring data to life for any audience via written communication, verbal communication and data visualization.
- Great attention to detail; experience delivering exceptional quality in reports and data analysis
- Insatiable curiosity and a passion for using data to solve problems!
Nice to have:
- Experience in the FinTech industry or with financial crimes compliance systems, technologies and processes.
- Experience with model building, ETL development and automation using Python, R or Airflow
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.