Global Experiences Lead - Internal Communications, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Portland, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
Cash App is looking for a Global Experiences Lead to drive our company-wide events and experiences to inspire, engage and inform 2,000 employees and counting. With a keen eye for both the big picture and details, you will help to set a clear strategy for internal events, establish best practices for partners across the company, and deliver creative, impactful moments for employees around the world rooted in our narrative priorities.
The Global Experiences Lead will report to the Head of Internal Communications and sit within a larger, cross-functional People team. This role requires a strategic approach and ability to build a visionary plan, a deep appreciation for creative design, and excellent project management skills. The ideal candidate has a high aptitude for creative thinking, balanced against bottom-line business needs.
At Cash App, Internal Communications powers the voice of the company and keeps our global workforce up-to-speed and connected to our purpose. This effort is more important than ever as we become more global and distributed.
- Establish a series of global events that help to keep Cash employees connected to our leadership team and each other, understand our business and products, and feel inspired about where we’re headed.
- Partner closely with an Internal Narrative Lead to develop a holistic, strategic communications plan for priority internal moments, ensuring holistic coverage across editorial and experiences.
- Set the agenda for company-wide all hands, working side-by-side with a producer, and with oversight from the Head of Internal Communications.
- Establish internal brand standards for events and manage the creation of internal creative elements, working closely with Creative Design and/or external creative partners, to ensure employees experience the brand as consumers.
- Partner with the Head of Internal Communications and the leaders across the broader Cash People Team (HR) to establish a global employee recognition program, managing all aspects of planning, budgeting and cross-functional partnership.
- Manage partnerships with creative agencies and in-house design teams to support the development of creative assets.
- 5+ years of professional employee-focused and/or direct event management experience (Internal Comms, HR, Employer Brand, Leadership & Development).
- Excellent public speaking skills combined with an interest and ability to serve as event host, as needed.
- A passion for creative storytelling with a keen ability to uncover and shape a narrative.
- An ability to compliment Cash App’s bold external brand in our internal experiences.
- Experience driving a strategy and influencing others toward your vision; ability to manage work against an editorial calendar.
- Ability to shift between crafting brand-oriented content to inspire a global audience, and distilling large amounts of complex business information to inform them.
- A deep understanding of an evolving digital landscape and passion for exploring new platforms to engage a globally distributed audience.
- Experience working in a large and diverse team: articulating ideas across levels, managing differing points of view, influencing others while maintaining relationships -- you’re a collaborator!
- Experience in internal or employee communications; experience working with executives.
- Experience liaising with or managing creative partners.
- A track record of supporting high-priority events with global partners.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.