Android Engineer, Square Conversations
- San Francisco, CA, USA
In 2020, the Conversations team introduced Square Messages, a messaging platform for merchants to manage conversations with their customers across multiple channels (SMS, email, FB, etc.). Messages is also home to Square Assistant -- a virtual assistant to help merchants serve their customers 24/7. For 2021 and beyond, Messages is coming to Android. Messages for Android will feature integrations with the larger Square ecosystem: Appointments, Feedback, Invoices, and eventually a customizable virtual business phone. The team itself was created in mid-2019 with the acquisition of Eloquent Labs.
We're looking for engineers to build our Android Square Messages product.
- Play a key role in implementing a new messaging product within Square.
- Build a new feature for Square-aware, real-time messaging.
- Partner with AI, backend, web, and iOS engineers to ship features.
- Work cross collaboratively with product managers and designers to define and establish product scope and design.
- Ship cutting-edge AI to businesses that traditionally haven’t had access to it.
You'll need to...
- Be proficient in Kotlin and/or Java for development (we use both).
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and whatever’s in between.
- Be eager to share your ideas, and openness to those of others.
- Have passion for product development and seeing results.
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our products.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.