Backend Developer - Settlements
- Oslo, Norway
TIDAL is looking for an experienced developer to join our Royalty Reporting team in Oslo. We make extensive use of Amazon WebServices (AWS) such as Athena, Glue, DynamoDB and S3, RDS, ECS Fargate. Our team uses Java 8 & 11 including frameworks like Apache Spark for ETL running on Databricks and Spring Boot 2 for building RESTful API. CI/CD using Jenkins, Spinnaker and Terraform as IaC. We constantly evaluate the latest technologies, and we have the freedom to choose the right ones to solve the task.
You will be part of our Settlement team which is responsible for the technical development of the royalty payout platform. The settlement team works with large datasets to calculate and settle royalty payments to labels and other music rights holders. The team is based in Oslo, and cooperates closely with royalty teams in New York and the wider Square team in San Francisco - in addition to cooperation with the technical teams in Oslo. In this role you will have the possibility to imprint your craftsmanship in our core settlement platform and work on exciting developments in the music industry.
Some of the tasks you will be challenged with:
- Maintain and build new products and services on the settlement platform
- Proactively contribute to new products to support artist growth and financial empowerment
- Further, develop the system on our big data platform
- Develop ETL pipeline using Spark.
- Build and analyze large and complex datasets.
- Use notebooks for quality and analysis.
- Build RESTful APIs using Spring Boot and Java.
- Work closely with our current Java/ Spark developers and with our Business Intelligence team.
- Come up with solutions to complex business problems.
What we are looking for in our new developer:
- You are an experienced Java developer and you are eager to work with the latest Java technologies
- You have knowledge of and are excited about API driven development
- You have experience with cloud environments, infrastructure as code, and event-driven architecture
- You have experience with microservices
- You are comfortable working independently as well as in a team environment
- You have great analytical and debugging skills
- You need to be fluent in English since it is our company language
- We consider it an advantage if you have experience with payments or financial services
Who you are:
- You are a self-driven and motivated developer who enjoys working in a team. Your best work is done in collaboration with your team members.
- You are comfortable communicating with others both inside and outside your immediate team
- You are flexible and positive about taking on responsibility, and you think it is important to follow through to deliver results.
- Relevant education and 5+ years of experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.