Customer Management and Quality Control Lead, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system. Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
We are looking for a Customer Management and Quality Control Lead to join Square and support the continued build of our Customer Onboarding and Management ("COM") program. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked by developing an outstanding compliance program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the Company.
You will provide oversight, people development and management, and strategic program direction for each of the areas within the Customer Management and Quality Control team, inclusive of quality control (QC), customer appeals, and team training.
- Oversee customer management and quality control operations, including training, hiring, coaching, and managing staff
- Lead a team in the development of the QC, customer appeals, and training programs responsible for the oversight of reviews performed by the COM teams to help identify potential gaps, inefficiencies and training opportunities
- Document and maintain QC testing results, reports, correspondence and, as applicable, remedial efforts
- Develop procedures applicable to the teams, including iterating on existing workflows and making recommendations to the COM Lead to add operational efficiency
- Work with other Compliance Leads to guide strategic planning on team growth, organizational structure, focus areas, and quarterly goals
- Understand the regulatory landscape and compliance requirements, with emphasis on applicable Sanctions and BSA/AML requirements including customer identification, due diligence best practices, sanction screening requirements, and all know your customer protocols
- Create operational metrics and implement solutions with COM program managers regarding any issues identified
- Partner with Program Management on ongoing technology, and process/workflow change plans and ensure appropriate team adoption
- 5+ years in developing or leading a BSA/AML compliance operations team responsible for quality control or secondary compliance reviews with a financial services firm
- 3+ years people management experience
- Operational knowledge in building and running a sound quality control/appeals/training program
- Proficiency in Sanctions and BSA/AML laws and regulations
- A metrics-driven approach to create substantiated solutions and efficiency
- Strategic vision and with the ability to motivate and inspire team members
- Experience presenting to senior leadership
- Experience working in a Payment or Fintech company
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CGSS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
- Knowledge of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- Fluency in a language other than English
- Global Experience
- Experience with SQL or Looker
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.