Senior Security Engineer, Bitcoin Platform
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
Cash App is a mobile-first bank that ranks in the top 10 free apps in the app store with a rapidly growing user base and feature set. Our mission is to provide banking services to all, in particular those that are underserved.
The Cash Security team is a hands-on engineering-driven security team that embeds security engineers within key platform and product teams across Cash. As a security team, we collaborate on building and sharing security infrastructure, principles, and guidelines.
As a Security Engineer embedded in Bitcoin Platform, you’ll work within our Bitcoin Platform team to:
- Co-design, co-build, and co-own the security mechanisms and features that we use to protect the entire lifecycle of our Bitcoin holdings in production and at scale
- Co-design, co-build, and co-own security mechanisms and features in our bitcoin platform production services, written in Kotlin and running on AWS
- Maintain and develop new capabilities for Subzero, our open-source cold storage system, including the embedded applications that execute on our HSMs
- A strong motivation to contribute to a meaningful product that will fundamentally change the way people interact with financial institution
- Strong desire to perform and grow as a security engineer, and mentor other engineers
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
Technologies we use and teach:
- Bitcoin Core, Multi-signature, Bitcoin Script, PSBTs
- AWS KMS and Google’s Tink Cryptographic API
- Hardware Security Modules and nCipher CodeSafe application
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, and Guice, Kotlin, C
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.