Income Tax Compliance Manager
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
Square is looking for an Income Tax Compliance Manager to join its growing tax team. You will report to our Tax Compliance Lead and be a part of the Income Tax function and will help manage all income tax compliance matters affecting our business, which includes:
- Manage Square's income tax compliance and reporting obligations including quantitative support, qualitative analysis, and preparation and review of the U.S. and non-U.S. income tax returns
- Monitor changes in U.S. and and non-U.S. tax law to ensure income tax implications are considered
- Partner with tax, accounting, and finance functions within Square, as well as, outside service providers
- Coordinate responses to information requests from local tax authorities
- Contribute to the transformation of the income tax function to grow for growth, which includes tax technology adoption, process simplification and standardization, and the use of data and technology
- Help with the Quarterly Close process
- Coordinate different projects
- Provide support to several business and tax projects
- 8+ years of combined public accounting and in-house income tax experience
- You have a minimum education level of Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Project management and planning experience
- The ability to emphasize the importance of working as a team and upholding individual responsibilities
- Knowledge of U.S. tax law and regulations Working knowledge of the U.S. GAAP and ASC 740 concepts
- You have a solid accounting and tax background
- You are adaptable and flexible with changes
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.