Strategy & Operations Lead, Business Technology
- Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Austin, United States
The Program Management team ensures the efficient running of the Business Technology organization on a daily basis. This team provides insights using analytics, ensures department-wide understanding of goals, and helps teams improve strategic partnerships and new projects forward. We are on aligning the highest-level company priorities with daily operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth programs.
As a Project Manager in BizTech, you will lead the strategy, design, planning and operations of a cross-functional landscape, to provide unified and scalable programs. You will foster relationships with multiple team members within Finance, IT, and Talent, and People to manage headcount, prepare for C-level Executive all hands, and track project budget. Most importantly, you will play a major role in OKR planning. You will report to our Head of Strategy, Operations, and PMO.
Manage Annual Strategic Planning for BizTech:
- Partner with BizTech CIO's executive leadership team to create a strategic annual plan for the entire organization, supporting shared goals and understanding across Square.
- You will work with Finance and several partners to guide annual planning, and planning and resourcing to solve for both short and long- term needs.
- Manage the BizTech budget, headcount, and guide geolocation strategies
Oversee Quarterly OKR/Goal Setting and Understanding:
- You will partner with BizTech CIO's executive leadership team to manage the Quarterly OKRs for all sub teams that aligns to our annual plans and strategic goals, and manage the quarterly goals throughout the year, ensuring grading at a periodic schedule
- You will distill OKRs, conversations and annual plans to measure and demonstrate the impact of the work the teams do through BizTech level communications.
Oversee BizTech Department Level Communications
- You will present communication on roadshows, newsletters, business reviews, and other creative methods.
- You will conduct QBRs with foundational teams, again to demonstrate the work our teams do, highlight insights, challenges and opportunities.
- Be the organizing body that ensures our organizational goals are being measured and met through each program you manage.
- 5+ years of project or program management work experience
- An keen eye for prioritization and continuous optimization. You can discern the urgency and importance of work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Business, or relevant experience
- Excellent soft skills, catered towards a variety of team member functions.
- Experience with vendor management, project reporting, budget management and C-level interaction.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.