Investor Relations Associate
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
We are looking for an Investor Relations Associate, reporting into the Head of Investor Relations, to join our team in the Finance & Strategy organization. You will work in a collaborative and environment, with regular partnership across the Finance & Strategy, Communications, Legal, Accounting, Treasury, and Product teams.
You will support the investor relations program. We are focused on increasing shareholder value through effective communication of Square's strategy, financial results and operations to the financial community, including shareholders and research analysts. We also look to develop a strong understanding of Square's competitive positioning and new trends for our management team by analyzing and researching information about Square, its peers and the industry.
This position can sit in any of Square's US offices or be 100% remote from any US state with the exception of Alaska.
- Build and manage relationships with equity research analysts and investors.
- Conduct analysis on industry trends and competitors across business segments (Cash App, Seller, TIDAL) and provide findings to relevant Square teams.
- Contribute to Square's quarterly earnings process, including creating the Shareholder Letter, earnings script, and talking points for management and IR.
- Help influence external messaging and guide relevant workstreams for acquisitions, treasury transactions, Investor Days, and company announcements.
- Track and analyze sentiment and trends among consensus estimates and equity research analyst reports.
- Provide insights to the executive team regarding investor feedback, perceptions and opinions, competitive intelligence.
- Challenge status quo by identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other relevant field.
- 2+ years of relevant experience with financial modeling and business analysis.
- Experience drafting external materials, including press releases, shareholder letters, and investor presentations.
- Ability to understand and develop investment theses on companies, and to think critically about business models and industry trends.
- Proficiency in excel (can perform complex functions) and building financial models. While not required, experience with financial market data and research tools is a plus (such as Bloomberg, FactSet, Capital IQ).
- A passion for Square's mission and purpose.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.