Software Engineer - Deploy, Cash App
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
The Platform Deploy team is responsible for providing automation and utilities to empower engineers to ship software safely with confidence at scale. Cash is built as a service mesh, communicating via synchronous APIs as well as asynchronous events, built on AWS and Kubernetes. Our mission is to empower our product engineers to develop and iterate as quickly as possible, by allowing them to focus on the product versus the nuances of cloud infrastructure.
As a member of Cash Platform’s Deploy team, you’ll collaborate with our stakeholders - including product engineers - to:
- Design, build, and own infrastructure automation tools that help engineers ship and operate microservices at scale across the whole organization
- Contribute and innovate continuous integration systems, enabling engineers to find issues faster and self-serve their custom service needs
- Use a customer centric data-driven approach to make calls on new priorities and solutions for the team, whether it’s off-the-shelf or built in-house
- Work with bleeding edge cloud technology
- 1-3+ years of industry experience
- Boundless curiosity, autonomy, and a strong sense of accountability
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, Go
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Flux v2, Helm
- gRPC, Envoy, Istio
- SignalFx, DataDog, Prometheus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.