Frontend Developer, TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 70 million songs, over 250,000 high quality videos, and available in over 60 countries. In addition, TIDAL offers its subscribers exclusive access to high-profile music and music videos, original content series, podcasts, documentaries, livestream concerts, tickets, merchandise and live experiences. Together, TIDAL and Square will be music-obsessed and artist-focused while we explore new artist tools, listener experiences, and access to financial systems that help artists be successful.
This is a unique opportunity to work with an international brand on a growing platform developed in Norway.
When applying, please include links to your open-source contributions as well.
- Strive to create the best possible product for our users
- Write beautiful code which is easy to understand and maintain, for others and yourself
- Care deeply about performance and accessibility
- Try to solve problems in the simplest way possible!
Key team responsibilities:
Overall responsibility for the TIDAL Web/Desktop client
- Development, documentation, and maintenance of the TIDAL Web/Desktop platform
- Supportive role towards other teams using the TIDAL Web/Desktop platform
- Help analyze requirements and take part in implementation
- Stay updated on frontend technology
- Work closely with our domain and QA teams to deliver innovative and stable releases of applications
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or similar) and minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience writing tests (unit-, integration- and end-to-end)
- Good understanding of web standards
- Cross-browser development and debugging skills
- Knowledge about Electron, Node.js and functional programming would be considered as a plus
- Ability to solve problems successfully including being analytical and showing adaptability
- Interest in HiFi audio is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal English as English is our company language.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development Resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.