Finance and Strategy Manager, Square Banking
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square Loans is our growing financing platform that sits within our Square Banking organization. Square Loans help businesses access the funding they need. We have extended over $9 billion in funding to over a hundred thousand sellers, helping them manage their cash flow and making it easy to invest in and grow their business. We extend offers to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, we deposit funds as soon as the next business day, and we handle repayment as a fixed percentage of credit card sales.
Finance & Strategy improves strategic, financial and operational across the company. Our team's core value is trust – we build it by making what is complex simple, and with analysis that is accurate and easy-to-understand. Partner appreciate our insight and trust us to help them solve difficult problems across the company. At Square we believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, and we trust you'll work with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision-makers and the executive team. You will report to the Finance & Strategy lead for Square Banking.
We are looking for an experienced Finance & Strategy Manager who will work as a member of Square's Finance & Strategy Banking team. You will lead strategic planning efforts that support our Banking product teams. Additionally, you will play an important part in Square's success by collaborating directly with Square's product business and finance leaders, driving financial planning and business forecasting, and developing strategic analysis around projects. With this mandate, your work - and your impact - will have a broad footprint across Square.
- Be a Finance Business Partner with important product organizations and collaborate across all levels and business functions in the organization
- Lead the financial planning process for key product and business teams; including building/maintaining operating and financial models, managing investment budgets for teams to ensure they have resource allocations to invest behind key initiatives
- Forecast and analyze our performance and report results, communicating takeaways to senior partners; identify risks and opportunities associated with financial performance
- Apply an approach to support strategic decisions, creating analyses
- Partner throughout the company and teams to analyze on the financial impact of decisions across the company
- Prepare analysis and support communication to product leaders, board members and executive staff
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience at a top-tier investment bank, consulting firm, or in a rigorous corporate strategy environment
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (you are prepared for a case study)
- Exceptional and maturity, and work with team members of all levels
- Proven success and career progression
- Experience with banking/lending/specialty finance, B2B technology product or payments industry a plus
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Looker)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.