Senior Internal Auditor
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Square is looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to join our growing internal audit team. This role will be a part of internal audit's business process team, reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, and partnering with the technology audit team to support Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) program, other regulatory compliance programs, and risk-based operational audit projects.
You have a firm grasp of technical accounting and SOX methodologies (risk assessment, control design, and testing strategies). You are a team player who can manage relationship with internal audit's partners (control owners, outsourcing partners, and external auditors). You are capable of managing multiple tasks under tight deadlines. Most importantly, you are comfortable navigating in a fast paced environment.
- Support SOX audit procedures, including planning, process and risk/control documentations, and test of controls.
- Work with IA process leads on process walkthroughs, manage requests, advise action items, and confirm risk mapping and control procedures.
- Participate in the communication with external auditors and co-sourcing partners to coordinate audit requests, perform walkthroughs/testing, organize meetings, and evaluate deficiencies.
- Support special audit projects in an ad-hoc manner.
- A BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3+ years of experience in an audit role from public accounting, fin-tech or technology industry
- Professional certification preferred (CPA, CIA, CISA)
- Knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.