Corporate Actions Specialist, Cash App
- Portland, OR
- Alternate Location: Salt Lake City, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
We've recently introduced Cash App Investing and now you can instantly buy stock in your favorite companies with as little as $1 using our free fractional trading feature! We're looking for a world class leader to be the face of our broker-dealer subsidiary, Cash App Investing LLC. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has deep experience with corporate actions for a carrying broker dealer.
- Monitor, review, report and execute upcoming corporate actions that affect customer’s positions.
- Reconcile customer’s positions and cash post corporate action.
- Observe and enhance the brokerage operations corporate actions process to improve customer communications and risk strategies at scale.
- Collaborates with lead, product, and engineering teams to identify risks and opportunities pertaining to corporate actions.
- Performs daily operational processing functions pertaining to corporate action updates and maintains records in accordance with firms Written Supervisory Procedures.
- Provide subject matter expertise on strategic initiatives related to corporate action functions.
- Document standard operating procedures and job aids.
- Identify areas for process improvement and work toward implementation.
- Manage special projects for audits and exams as needed in collaboration with different teams.
- Collaborates with technical teams to facilitate improvements and increase efficiency within the current back office structure for the corporate actions structure.
- 3-5 years of experience in brokerage operations with a focus on corporate actions.
- Deep experience with Looker / Tableau or other data analytics tools preferred.
- FINRA Licenses: Series 7 and 63 required. Bonus: Series 99, 24 and/or series 57.
- Knowledge and respect for SEC/FINRA regulatory and compliance rules and regulations.
- Well experienced in working closely with a broker dealer’s back office and front office team in corporate actions.
- Someone who thrives in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Appreciation and desire for innovation within the securities industry
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary web-based back office applications
- A “trust, but verify” mentality
- A customer-first belief
- A passion for our mission of economic empowerment through serving the underserved
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.