Engineering Manager, Square Financial Services
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square Financial Services, Inc ("SFS") is Square's bank. We opened in March 2021 and offer Square Loans and Square Savings to small businesses nationwide. The SFS Bank Infrastructure team enables the bank with modern tooling and high-quality services. We're Square's gateway to the Federal Reserve, trusted partners to our Finance and Treasury team, and we create new capabilities for the bank to unlock opportunities across the entire Square ecosystem.
As an Engineering Manager at SFS you will report to the bank's Engineering Lead and help identify and build the capabilities we need to operate the bank, grow the bank, and unlock partner teams. The team is based throughout the United States and open to remote applicants. The bank itself is in Mountain Time and we welcome candidates already based in Salt Lake City, or open to working remotely in the U.S.
- Manage the SFS Bank Infrastructure team of 5 engineers.
- Build the Bank Operating Platform which supports ACH operations with the Federal Reserve.
- Develop necessary capabilities and tooling for money movement, reporting, reconciliation and other technical infrastructure needs of the bank.
- Support initial clients of the bank, including Square's Loans and Savings products.
- Understand the needs of Square's product teams and identify areas where the bank can help.
- Help represent the bank's technology program to our regulators at the FDIC and the state of Utah.
- 8+ years of engineering experience on a software platform or consumer oriented product.
- 2+ years of management experience, leading a high-performing team of software engineers
- Experience setting a vision and delivering complex projects involving many disciplines.
- Experience in financial services, banking, or payments.
- Experience building developer tooling, platforms, APIs and SDKs.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS Lambda, Fargate/ECS, and Step Functions.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.