IT Support Manager - Mission Control
- Oakland, CA
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
As the IT Support lead you will help develop a world class IT Support team, and lead our journey of providing outstanding customer & technical service to our employees globally. You are someone who obsesses about the employee experience and wants to build a culture where our customers always come first. You understand how a high-functioning Global IT Service Desk can positively improve employee satisfaction and organizational success. You will lead a global team of IT practitioners and have the support your team members in their careers and to achieve their development goals.
Note: This role leads a team in Australia so candidates on the West Coast of the United States are preferred.
- Lead our IT Support organization responsible for end-user IT support within the company
- Develop processes to meet the global support needs of Square and its employees
- Lead the transformation from reactive to proactive to predictive
- Partner with other teams in IT and across multiple teams within Square to create new user experiences that enhance employee productivity
- Develop ongoing reports on ticketing trends and team performance
- Coach IT Support Managers and specialists to provide an exceptional customer service experience
- 10+ years of relevant technical and functional experience in any of the following fields - IT, cloud computing, virtualization and global infrastructure, networking, security, and software development
- 3+ years of directly managing an IT organization, managing other managers is preferred.
- Experience with industry-standard operational practices such as change management, incident management, problem management, and vendor management
- Distill complex issues into solvable and applicable tasks
- A passion for pushing boundaries and questioning the status quo
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical, cross-functional groups
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.