Internal Audit Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a smartphone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Terminal, Square Appointments, Square Online Store, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square is looking for an Internal Auditor Manager to join our growing internal audit team. This role will be a part of internal audit's business process team, reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, and partnering with the technology audit team to support the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) program, other regulatory compliance programs, and risk-based operational audit projects.
You are highly experienced in SOX compliance and/or risk-based audits. You are capable of driving continuous improvement of our control framework, with a history of delivering tangible process improvements across the organization. You have strong project management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills. You can navigate ambiguous circumstances and identify solutions.
- Take ownership of all assigned process areas, which includes obtaining a comprehensive understanding of all process activities and controls, as well as related company policies and external accounting and reporting guidelines.
- Perform SOX and risk-based audit procedures, including scoping analysis, process and risk/control documentations, and the testing and review of controls.
- Communicate with external auditors and co-sourcing partners to coordinate audit requests, perform walkthroughs/testing, facilitate meetings, and evaluate deficiencies.
- Collaborate with process owners to facilitate SOX activities and offer recommendations in updating or designing new processes and controls
- Build strong relationships with our internal and external partners (process owners, co-sourcing partners, and external auditors)
- Manage SOX and risk-based audit project timelines and resources
- Identify business partner's needs and opportunities for involvement
- Manage special audit projects in an ad-hoc manner
- A BA/BS/Master degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5+ years of experience in an audit role from public accounting, fin-tech or technology industry
- Professional certification preferred (CPA, CIA, CISA)
- Knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards, and business process best practices
- Firm grasp of technical accounting and SOX methodologies (risk assessment, control design, and testing strategies)
- Experience managing project and business partner relationships
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.