Engineering Manager - Marketing Engineering, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
Marketing Engineering builds the technology behind all of Cash's innovative marketing initiatives including:
- Megan Thee Stallion $1 Million Bitcoin Giveaway
- Miley Cyrus $1 Million Stocks Giveaway
- Much more, including giveaways with Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper, Cardi B, Kim Kardashian, Snoop Dogg, Lil Nas X, Pokimane
Our projects are not only highly visible internally, but also catch the eyes of the fintech industry as Cash App pushes the boundaries of creative marketing in the finance space.
- Build marketing campaign management tools to create, customize, and monitor marketing campaigns on Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, and Tik Tok.
- Work with teams across the entire engineering org to launch Cash App features.
- Lead innovative marketing initiatives, such as Cash by Cash App apparel and other exciting but redacted initiatives.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to come up with creative ways to leverage technology to boost the Cash brand. The next big thing for Cash could be your idea!
- Build infrastructure to support special non-customer accounts.
- Work with the ML team to analyze customer trends in marketing campaigns.
- Define engineering processes and best practices on a young and growing team.
- Ability to coordinate work between different stakeholders across the company - marketing, legal, support, business operations, machine learning, etc.
- Ability to influence the technical vision of the engineering products that the team is building.
- Ability to prioritize projects on the roadmap for the highest business impact and engineering excellence.
- Ability to support your reports to build creative solutions towards the team mission, while coaching them towards their career goals.
- 1+ year of previous experience managing teams and leading people.
- 6+ years of software development of equivalent experience.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- JUnit, Hibernate, and Guice
- TypeScript, React, Redux
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Event-driven architecture
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines and applicable regulations.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.