UX Writer, Payment Products
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Austin, United States
The Payment Products team makes it possible for any seller to take card payments quickly and easily, and is the catalyst for Square's mission of economic empowerment. We've already helped millions of sellers take their first payment with Square, but we must continue to listen and respond to the next generation of businesses and give them the tools to succeed in a quickly evolving landscape. The scope of your work will include shaping the core experience, introducing new and experimental forms of payment acceptance, and clarifying how to take payments for new and underserved audiences. You will ensure that, at each touch-point of the customer journey, the way we behave, the language we use, and the personality we embody is consistent and true to our brand and mission of economic empowerment. This is a collaborative role and you will partner with other designers, researchers, and product managers. We believe good writing is fundamental to simple experiences, and has a hand in each stage of product development.
We are looking for the first Payment Products Writer and Content Strategist to shape our best-in-class payments experience, communicate wholly new ways to take payments, and help newly forming businesses take their first payment.
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
- Write and edit product copy across three squads within Payment Products.
- Develop content strategy to ensure consistency throughout the lifecycle of the seller journey.
- Work closely with product design to shape the experience of taking your first payment with Square.
- Work very collaboratively with strategic partners within the team to ensure that the customer journey is always honored and prioritized.
- Consult with and contribute to the community of product writers across Square to ensure consistency of experience across products.
- Report to the Product Design Lead for payments.
- Partner with marketing writers to determine how our brand voice is expressed within our products.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience.
- A portfolio with examples of previous UX writing work.
- Experience being embedded in a product design team with whom you'll collaborate.
- Comfortable providing feedback on UI/UX designs, asking thoughtful questions about product strategy, and applying insights from research.
- Experience using design software tools like Figma.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.