Product Designer, Seller Risk
- Dublin, Ireland
We are looking for a passionate customer advocate who is motivated by complex problems. The Seller Risk team works to protect the people that trust Square, by minimizing the financial risks that come with running a business. We keep our sellers safe while $25B+ flows through Square annually, and along the way help each other make calculated risk/reward trade offs to grow sellers, and make complicated and sometimes painful processes understandable to all.
This is a high impact role and we're looking for someone to manage design execution for risk experiences across some of our newest products like Banking, Credit Issuing, and Payroll. You'll be directly responsible for decisions that improve our systems, tooling, and roadmaps. You will work with product designers, product managers, researchers, engineering, customer success, as you create experiences that help protect both Square and our sellers.
- Shape the vision for a set of products and experiences that guide our sellers through some of the most sensitive and emotionally charged moments of running a business—dealing with fraud or loss of funds.
- Work with Engineering, Product, Content, Analytics, and Marketing to establish goals, interactions and functionalities of important seller risk experiences
- Conduct user research to understand the needs of our sellers, and those that serve them at Square, to influence product roadmaps
*For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords*
- 5+ years of professional design experience with a focus on product design
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- Experience applying design thinking in complex ecosystems or in organizations with an emphasis on customer service
Even better if:
- You find opportunities to improve processes to create more value in our business and our customer experience
- You organize workshops, conduct research, and create a collective understanding of our tools, systems and services
- You are an advocate for the customer and approach problems with an experience mindset
- You create professional, well-thought-out designs using established design systems
- You establish UX metrics such as task analysis, NPS and survey data to measure opportunities
- You always think about how your work fits into our full ecosystem during all phases of the design process
- You seek feedback from outside of your team to solve problems
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.