Business Operations Specialist
- Atlanta, GA, USA
Square is looking for a Business Operations Specialist to join the Marketing Operations team. You will be a partner and a resource to the Global Marketing team, helping to maintain budgets, organize planning, and collaborate cross-functionally. You will communicate with partners on marketing programs and their statuses, solicit feedback from partners to ensure continuous improvement, and ensure understanding of our goals with the operational budget. You are responsive and committed to improving operational efficiencies across the Global Marketing team. You are comfortable with spreadsheets and process while being able to get into the minds of those who don't. This role is eligible to work remotely.
- Partner with our Finance & Strategy team to manage budget, inform investment strategy, and find new and improved ways for tracking, prioritizing, and measuring budget
- Reconcile spend data and reporting to ensure data integrity across the organization
- Manage billing transactions, vendor communications, and month end close in step with Accounting
- Support the marketing planning process, inclusive of quarterly and annual strategic planning
- Ensure communication of priorities, projects/programs, and results to leadership and the larger team
- Work with the Global Marketing team to define processes as we continue to scale globally
- Onboard key vendors and partners and facilitate relationship with Procurement on behalf of Marketing team
- Identify and define new opportunities, key initiatives, and operational gaps and take those on as strategic projects
- 2+ years experience in an operational type role, ideally in Marketing
- Experience partnering with Accounting and Finance teams and managing budgets
- Knowledge and expertise with Google Sheets
- Positive and proactive attitude when taking on new projects
- Experience with Oracle cloud is a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.