Product Designer, eCommerce
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Salt Lake City, United States
We are looking for a Product Designer to join the Square Ecommerce team and work on Square Online Store. You will work on strategy, complete high-quality design work, and impact millions of small businesses around the world.
This will include working on challenges a business owner might face while getting started, setting up, launching, and managing all aspects of selling online. You will also design consumer-facing commerce experiences such as purchase and checkout flows. Ecommerce is a central part of Square's ecosystem, and you will drive the product's design and approach on experiences that empower small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords
We believe in generalists at Square, and our Product Designers take projects from napkin sketches to final visual specifications. Daily responsibilities include: determining strategy and implementing it, balancing short and long-term goals and priorities, collaborating with internal partners, and presenting work in design critiques and leadership reviews. This is a cross-functional role where you will work with other designers, product managers, analysts and engineers.
- Plan, scope, and create work that contributes to larger, long-term goals
- Present your ideas and work to your direct team and other teams
- Question and contribute to design standards, patterns, and processes
- Propose and participate in usability and field research
- Determine your point of view of what success means for a given initiative
- Seek feedback and information from outside of your team
- 5 years of professional product design experience
- A portfolio of product design work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- A design process that moves your work forward by using research, data, and peer feedback
- Completed projects that you initiated and that contributed to roadmaps/strategy
- The ability to take high-level goals and connect them to your work
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.