Software Engineering Manager, International Payments
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
The Payments Product team manages Square's flagship product. We are stewards of Square's largest product, making it possible for any seller to easily take payments. Our product drives awareness of the Square brand, is Square's first touch-point with most of our sellers, and fuels the economics of the broader Square ecosystem. Our sellers have evolving needs and expectations, and it is our job to understand who they are and how we can best help them.
Payments Product's International Team will launch and grow our payments business in all international markets. We are focused on customizing and localizing our payments offering to tailor the needs and customs of each market. You will work with both our product and go-to-market (GTM) teams to provide input and drive execution of the road-map from an engineering perspective. You will report into the Head of Engineering for Payment Products and will lead a team of 5 - 8 cross-functional engineers (mobile and full-stack).
- Partner with product management and design throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) to ensure quality, delightful to use products are delivered according to the business's priorities.
- You will also be a member of the leadership team responsible for prioritizing and setting product and Go-to-Market (GTM) road-maps.
- Oversee the professional health, happiness, and output of the engineers on the squad. This includes coaching professional career growth and balancing the team's workload to ensure that quality software is delivered with urgency.
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional technical experience developing and operating SaaS software, and developing user facing products.
- 3+ years of experience managing full-stack teams of 5+ engineers, including senior Individual Contributors (IC's) and potential leaders. Overseeing technical mentorship, performance feedback and guidance to team.
- Prior payments industry experience is a bonus, not a requirement.
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Experience partnering with engineering leaders and cross-functional team members.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.