Bitcoin Program Manager, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
We are looking for a Compliance Program Manager to join Square and support the continued build out of our Customer Onboarding and Management (COM) program. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked by designing and implementing an outstanding compliance program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the Company.
In this role, you will support the Compliance team by contributing to the design and effectiveness of preventative and detective measures to enable proper detection and ongoing review as part of the Sanctions and KYC programs. You will collaborate with Compliance Leads and other relevant stakeholders to ensure our program complies with all applicable laws and regulations across jurisdictions. You will demonstrate excellent regulatory, process and systems design, data analytics, and documentation abilities.
- Evaluate current operational processes and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and industry best practices
- Identify and evaluate Sanctions and BSA/AML CDD and EDD requirements for new and existing products or features
- Build tactical and scalable solutions for operational teams to manage compliance tasks and risks as it relates to the crypto program
- Make recommendations for and assist in executing process improvements and procedure updates for the KYC team
- Draft and maintain relevant documentation and content for changes to the program in accordance with regulatory updates, new products, and overall Compliance team policies and procedures
- Communicate the progress of and oversee the end-to-end implementation of each operational change to leadership and relevant stakeholders
- Stay apprised of regulatory developments, industry trends and Square roadmaps to drive decisions
- 5+ years as a project or program manager with direct experience in BSA/AML compliance and crypto or 7+ years in relevant crypto role
- A strong analytical and metrics driven approach to create substantiated solutions
- Strong knowledge in Sanctions or BSA/AML regulations, risks and typologies
- Strong knowledge and experience in Cryptocurrency regulations
- Superb organization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptability in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels
- A mindset to deliver results proactively, resourcefully, and methodically
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
- Experience with SQL and/or Looker
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.