Narrative Lead, Cash App
- New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
Cash App’s People team is looking for a creative storyteller to drive in-house editorial content that inspires, educates and informs 2,000 global employees and counting. With a keen eye for both the big picture and details, you will shape an editorial strategy and calendar for Cash App’s new Internal Communications function. At Cash App, Internal Communications powers the voice of the company and keeps our global workforce up-to-speed and connected to our purpose. This effort is more important than ever as we become more global and distributed.
The Narrative Lead will work within a larger, cross-functional team and report to the Head of Internal Communications. In this position, you will manage a freelance editorial writer, and work daily with engineers and creatives to stand up a new internal editorial platform for Cash App.
Cash App employees will be your main audience, and establishing strong relationships with our Talent teams, Marketing partners and externally-focused copywriters will be key to your success.
- Curate and create content that keeps Cash employees feeling connected to our leadership and each other, understand our business and products, and feel inspired about where we’re headed.
- Manage the ongoing development of a new internal storytelling platform and the editorial planning to support it.
- Oversee all internal editorial tasks, manage workloads and track deadlines, including partnerships with cross-functional teams.
- In addition to editing and strategy, you’ll be responsible for developing short- and long-form articles and series for the intranet, social, messaging, scripts and priority business share-outs for leaders.
- Drive the creation of a style guide for employee storytelling and a framework that ensures equitable coverage across all aspects of Cash, including business priorities, community efforts and employee spotlights.
- Partner with teams across the organization, from Design to Communities to Engineering, to explore a diverse range of story ideas.
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of a senior writer (contractor).
- Support executive communications and issues management, as needed.
- Manage partnerships with creative agencies and in-house design teams to support employee-exclusive assets.
- 8+ years of direct editorial experience working for industry-leading brands or publications.
- A passion for creative storytelling with a keen ability to uncover and shape a narrative.
- An ability to compliment Cash App’s bold approach to copywriting in our internal work.
- Excellent writing and editing skills combined with speed, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Experience driving an editorial strategy and influencing others toward your vision; ability to manage an editorial calendar and develop its content across multiple platforms (mobile, intranet, video, long-form features, newsletters, scripts, etc.).
- Ability to shift between crafting brand-oriented content to inspire and distilling large amounts of complex business information into engaging content.
- A deep understanding of an evolving digital landscape and passion for exploring new platforms that bring editorial to life—experience working in Contentful or other CMS a plus.
- Experience working in a large and diverse team: articulating ideas across levels, managing differing points of view, influencing others while maintaining relationships -- you’re a collaborator!
- High aptitude for creative thinking, balanced against bottom-line business needs.
- B.A. in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, or related discipline.
- Experience in internal or employee communications; experience working with executives.
- Experience liaising with or managing creative partners.
- For consideration, please submit a portfolio that showcases your writing and editorial work across multiple topics.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.