Finance Strategy- FP&A Manager
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
The Cash App team is focused on building financial service products for individuals, whether making it easier to send / receive money, make purchases using the Cash Card, receive discounts through Cash Boost, and buy / sell Bitcoin and public equities. Cash App has seen tremendous user growth, and along with this growth comes incredible opportunities, and challenges for our business. We are looking for a Manager to join the Cash App Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) group. The FP&A team manages financial trends of the business, including the annual financial plan, regular forecast and outlook processes, determining capital allocation across our business, and providing analytical support to Cash App Senior Management. You will be an important contributor to the strategic decision-making processes across the business and help establish and scale the reporting for Cash App. You will report to Finance & Strategy Senior Manager - Cash App FP&A.
- Work in collaboration with Partners to identify their needs, review performance metrics and help make strategic investment decisions
- Contribute to the management of important financial processes including annual planning, quarterly outlooks and the three-years plan
- Oversee the timeline of deliverables during the month-end process, align with the relevant partners to ensure that deadlines are met, comment on variances versus forecast, and ensure accuracy and completeness across the board
- Work with multiple partners across the board such as Accounting, Corporate FP&A, Cash FP&A
- Work with Sr. Management on ad-hoc requests to inform our strategy, improve efficiency and maximize return on investment
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- A strong sense of business management; ability to analyze data and develop recommendations
- Ability to effectively work with peers and different levels of management
- Familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, or data interpretation and analysis
- Solid experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial and root cause analysis
- Excellent Excel skills - (be prepared for a case study)
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Tableau) or willingness to learn
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.