Compliance Analyst, Japanese Speaking
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
When we launched the little white reader, we invented mobile, ubiquitous payments and enabled anyone to start, run, and grow a business. Ten years and billions of transactions later we’re reimagining commerce for businesses of all types and sizes—we’re enabling the independent electrician to send invoices, helping the beauty salon pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The mission of the Compliance Operations team at Square Japan is to perform the day-to-day operational tasks associated with payment network,partnership, and regulatory requirements. The team actively engages in monitoring for prohibited activities such as anti-money laundering activity along with enforcing Square's Merchant User Agreement. Other areas of responsibility include sanction checks, liaison with law enforcement agencies and interactions with corporate partners and the credit card payment networks.
- Monitor and act upon reports involving compliance-related alerts
- Verify merchant information and conduct due diligence reviews as part of Square's on-boarding review policy
- Ensure all daily operation deliverables are met within established SLAs
- Interact with Square merchants in writing to ensure full compliance with all applicable laws and policies
- Provide coaching and training on account reviews for new and junior team members
- Conduct regular reviews of operations processes to ensure functionality and develop additional efficiency
- Work cross-functionally with Customer Support, Risk, and other teams within Square and advise on compliance operations.
- Communicate with corporate partners to ensure our compliance monitoring is aligned with their requirements
Policy & Programs
- Work with the Governance team to ensure our existing policies and programs are up to date and aligned with enterprise standards
- Communicate with stakeholders on compliance policy & programs and best practices. Work with them to remediate identified issues
- Research relevant laws and regulations and work with Legal to provide guidance and interpretation
- 3+ years of experience in compliance or policy development/implementation work with a financial institution or payment-focused company
- Business level Japanese language skills
- Investigative skills, including familiarity with public record research and database tools
- Transaction analysis skills that apply across numerous financial products and services in complex scenarios
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English
- A passion for Square and an interest in technology/knowledge of the industry
- Understanding of compliance policy and programs in Japan financial industry
- Regulatory/payment network rule experience
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.