- Tokyo, Japan
The mission of the Compliance Operations team at Square Japan is to perform the day-to-day operational tasks associated with payment network and partnership requirements. The team actively engages in monitoring for prohibited activities such as anti-money laundering activity along with enforcing Square's Merchant User Agreement. Other areas of responsibility include OFAC and other Japanese regulations reviews, liaison with law enforcement agencies and interactions with corporate partners and the credit card payment networks.
- Monitor and act upon reports involving compliance-related alerts
- Verify merchant information and conduct due diligence reviews as part of Square's on-boarding review policy
- Ensure all daily operation deliverables are met within established SLAs
- Interact with Square customers to ensure full compliance with all applicable laws and policies
- Provide coaching and training on account reviews for new and junior team members
- Provide final sign-off / subject matter expertise on account-level reviews for junior team members
- Conduct regular reviews of operations processes to ensure functionality and develop additional efficiency
- Work cross-functionally with Support, Risk, and other operations teams within Square
- Communicate with customers via email
- Communicate with corporate partners to ensure our compliance monitoring
- A strong operations mindset involving time sensitive directives and ability to self-manage workflow across competing priorities
- Strong investigative skills, including familiarity with public record research and database tools
- Strong transaction analysis skills that apply across numerous financial products and services in complex scenarios
- Adept communication skills when dealing with possible bad actors with a detective-like mentality
- An ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a drive to deliver outstanding results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Previous experience in compliance or risk work with a financial institution or payment-focused company preferred
- Passion for Square, and a strong interest in technology/knowledge of the industry
- 4-year undergraduate degree
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.