Product Manager, Invoices
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
We have an incredible team that is on a mission to make commerce easy for all types of businesses. Square Invoices is the easiest way for merchants to build trust, close a sale and get paid remotely. As a Product Manager on the team, you will have an opportunity to drive impact for the millions of small businesses using our Invoices product to start, run and grow their businesses.
You will work with a world class team of designers, engineers, data scientists, and marketers to define the Invoices product strategy, coordinate and execute impactful projects, and optimize our customers’ journeys through all stages of the funnel (from onboarding to becoming successful, active sellers) across numerous geographies and product surfaces. Our approach is both customer-focused and data-driven. So you will need to dig in to deeply understand our customers and their needs, define and analyze experiments, and guide the team to move fast and ship solutions.
The Invoices Workflow & Expansion team is chartered with unlocking more growth opportunities for the Invoices product and business. You will identify and prioritize various growth levers to achieve this, including a) development of new features that help small businesses win more sales and manage their projects/workflows; b) international expansion; c) Invoices mobile app optimization; d) experimentation to drive acquisition/attachment/retention; and e) any other levers you can think of! You should be willing to take principled risks and push boundaries, trying anything and everything that helps drive long-term success for Square Invoices and the many small businesses we serve.
This role is a unique mix of product and business, strategy and execution, all in the name of helping small businesses thrive and grow. If you’re looking to impact the growth and direction of a large business within Square alongside a great team, you will find this role compelling, challenging and rewarding. We’re excited to chat!
Help shape and drive the strategy and business case for Square Invoices
Define key objectives and ensure success is measurable and can be improved upon
Work with executive leadership and cross-product teams to grow our active seller base
Manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning, execution and launch
- 3+ years of experience in product management, ideally with a product during a hyper-scaling phase, serving millions of customers, on multiple platforms and countries
- Previous experience in product management on multiple platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, mobile web).
- Strong customer empathy to shape product direction and execution based on their needs.
- Comfort with analytics to define, retrieve and visualize data to run effective experiments and use quantitative intuition to make product decisions
- Ability to absorb technical concepts quickly and work across a wide range of outside teams who support Invoices through platform development.
- Understanding of acquisition channels (social, paid, affiliate, sponsorships, SEO, word-of-mouth, etc.) and their advantages, trade-offs and idiosyncrasies
- Growth PM experience at a company with an established Growth practice
- Experience with international product development and scaling globally.
- Domain experience with invoices, client management and/or accounting
- SaaS experience and optimization of SaaS business models.
- Empathy (and experience) running businesses that rely on invoices workflows (e.g. ran a small biz that relied heavily on invoices and recurring payments)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.