Machine Learning Modeler, Growth
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
As a MLE within the Growth Data Science team, you will lead projects that help with Square’s growth. The team exists to surface the right messages to the right sellers at the right time across all our go-to-market channels (web app, in-app, notifications, sms, email, mail) and products. We provide sellers with remarkable personalized experiences using machine learning/deep learning to power the best product/feature/content recommendations.
Our algorithms obtain value from our unique, rich, and growing data. We partner with business, product, operations and engineering teams to guide better decisions, automated and human, using modeling and machine learning. We’re a passionate team of specialists, statisticians, and optimizers who are resourceful in distilling questions, wrangling data, and driving impactful business decisions.
Lead and drive cross functional machine learning/data science projects from beginning to end: build relationships with partner teams, frame and structure questions, collect and analyze data, research, prototype, and build out data science pipelines and models in production, as well as summarize and present methodology and key insights
Use and learn a diverse set of techniques spanning machine learning (including deep learning), causal inference, and other forms of statistical modeling to solve import business and product problems
Collaborate with business leaders, subject matter experts, and decision makers to develop success criteria and optimize new products, features, policies, and models
Help build the next generation of data products at Square
- 5+ years industry experience in data science or machine learning-focused roles
- Practical experience and best practices in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, deep learning, natural language processing, informational retrieval to solve real world problems
- Experience working with product, design, and engineering to prioritize, scope, design, and deploy ML models.
- Proficient in one of the following languages: Java, Python, Scala, or C++.
- Experience in solving real world problems using one of the frameworks: PyTorch, Mxnet, Jax or related frameworks
- Familiarity with Linux/OS X command line, version control software (git), and general software development
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A strong desire to perform and grow in your role
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.