Compliance Trainer, Cash App
- Remote, CA
We are looking for a Compliance Trainer to join Square and support the continued build of our Customer Onboarding and Management ("COM") program. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked by developing an outstanding compliance program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the Company.
You will support the compliance team by contributing to the design and effectiveness of a training program that enables proper detection and ongoing review as part of the COM program. You will work with Compliance Leads and other relevant team members in the development of an in person, video conference, web-based, and other media training program that enables efficient due diligence reviews that are compliant with applicable laws and regulations across jurisdictions. You will demonstrate excellent regulatory, program and systems design, and documentation abilities.
- Develop a scalable training program for all COM team members as it relates to internal policy, regulatory requirements, and the Cash App platform
- Develop feedback mechanisms to ensure team members understand the training content and can apply to BAU reviews
- Identify training opportunities; design/coordinate the development of training materials, and provide training
- Maintain an understanding of Cash App products and features and compliance requirements as they relate to each product and feature
- Stay informed of regulatory developments, industry trends and Square product roadmaps to ensure the training program(s) are up-to-date
- 2+ years of experience providing compliance training for compliance operations teams with a financial services firm
- 5+ years in a BSA/AML senior compliance role with a financial services firm, preferably in the payment or Fintech space
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Knowledge in Sanctions or BSA/AML regulations, risks and typologies
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- A mindset to deliver results proactively, resourcefully, and methodically in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in a Payment or Fintech company
- 4+ years of experience providing compliance training for compliance operations teams with a financial services firm
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CGSS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
- Fluency in a language other than English
- Global Experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.