Sr.Data Engineer, TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 70 million songs, over 250,000 high quality videos, and available in over 60 countries. In addition, TIDAL offers its subscribers exclusive access to high-profile music and music videos, original content series, podcasts, documentaries, livestream concerts, tickets, merchandise and live experiences. Together, TIDAL and Square will be music-obsessed and artist-focused while we explore new artist tools, listener experiences, and access to financial systems that help artists be successful.
In this role you will be a part of Data Analytics & Infrastructure team which is an integral part of TIDAL and its growing number of analytics and data science experts. TIDAL’s internal data platform enables members from Business Analytics, Product Analytics, Marketing and other teams to bring to light actionable insights. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products
As a Data Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
To participate in designing, building, and maintaining Tidal’s infrastructure for data ingestion, processing, analytics, and reporting by:
- Writing and maintaining Python libraries and applications
- Creating and automating batch and stream data processing workflows
- Architecting and managing tables and databases
- Analyzing and fixing errors in data pipelines
What we need:
- Competence in writing performant and stable code in Python 3.
- Familiarity with data processing and warehousing techniques, common data formats
- Knowledge of SQL programming and development of data warehouses
- Experience sending/receiving data with web APIs
- Develop ETL pipelines using Spark
- 3+ years relevant work experience
It’s a PLUS if you have:
- Experience with Apache Airflow or other workflow management tools
- Java/Scala development experience
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- It is also an advantage if you have knowledge of RESTful API development
Our technology stack:
- Data Lake on S3 + Parquet + AWS Glue + EMR
- Python 3
- Apache Spark
- Apache Airflow
- Amazon Athena
- Amazon Redshift
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.