Senior International Payroll Manager
- Oakland, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We are looking for a Senior international Payroll Manager, reporting to a Senior Global Payroll Manager, to join our payroll team. You will manage the administration of the daily international payroll operations and accuracy of the payroll system data to process our semi-monthly and monthly payrolls. You will also serve as a backup for the Global Payroll Lead and the Senior Global Payroll Manager, and be an employee resource for payroll matters. You will manage 5 global payroll analysts and manage payroll for 15+ countries. This position can sit in Square's San Francisco or Oakland offices or be full-time remote from the Pacific or Mountain time zones.
- Manage the Global Payroll Process in multiple countries to ensure compliance with international rules, regulations and laws for multiple entities and pay cycle following the pay cycle schedule
- Assist Global Payroll Lead with new market setup and acquisition due-diligence
- Manage the Global process of stock transactions to avoid delay in tax filing reporting and taxable wages reporting
- Manage In-pat and Ex-Pat payroll tax inquiries for the global mobility team if any
- Manage and process the secondee employee population and shadow payrolls
- Partner with other Senior Analyst and Global Payroll Lead on implementation of new technology to refine Global Payroll Processing
- Manage the accuracy of the global funding within policy timeline
- Audit data integrity between Workday HRIS and GT platform to ensure both systems are in sync on a quarterly and annual basis
- Audit International Payroll Data to ensure accurate payments are processed
- Audit payrolls cycles before payrolls are released for processing that are prepared by the Senior Global Analyst
- Manage international year end processing
- Partner with Senior Analyst to test new system enhancements, system updates and integrations
- Work with other teams within the organization like HR, Stock Administration and Business Systems
- Identify and participate in process improvement projects, including multiple implementation and upgrades
- Participate in payroll projects and opportunities as assigned
- Support SOX control audits and ongoing requirements
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in a team of 4+
- Minimum 6+ years experience of global payroll processing (countries located in EMEA and APAC required)
- Experience with launching new countries or transitioning to a new payroll platform.
- Proficient in MS Excel including advanced formulas functions (Vlookups, Pivot tables, IF statements)
- Working knowledge with Workday
- Knowledge of SOX controls
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.