Senior Global Payroll Analyst
- Oakland, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Square's Global Payroll Team is growing. We are looking for a Senior Global Payroll Partner, reporting to our Senior Global Payroll Manager, to join our payroll team. You will oversee global payroll administration, including processing payroll for several countries, provide best practice solution recommendations, support various project management coordination, and lead Global Mobility Stock processing. You will be the liaison between the other Payroll Analysts and the Global Payroll Vendors to process our semi-monthly and monthly payrolls. You will be an essential employee resource for global payroll matters and will perform other payroll related responsibilities inclusive of US payroll needs. This position can sit in Square's San Francisco or Oakland offices or be full-time remote from anywhere in the US Pacific and Mountain time zones.
- Oversee Global payroll analytics servicing all Global Payroll reporting requests from multiple departments or external including develop ad-hoc reports in Payzaar
- Run the payroll for multiple countries from start to finish
- Oversee System Integrations between HR and Global Payroll Systems including resolving missing information
- Process Global Mobility stock files for Global Payroll stock runs, manage the global ESPP election files updates including withdrawals and for the twice a year create and validate theGlobal ESPP contributions files
- Oversee handling Global Tax notices with our Global Payroll vendor support
- Coordinate the set up of new countries payroll including validations of set up
- Be responsible with coordinating Amended Tax returns with the local provider
- Track and balance Payroll invoices linked to Payroll cash disbursement
- Manage the balancing of multiple Global annual filing (T-4, PD11, PD60 and more) for Global Lead approval
- Support the Payroll Analyst team with their assigned Global payroll processing when needed including being the contact for initial questions
- Partner with other Senior Analyst and Sr Global Payroll Manager on the implementation of new technology to improve Payroll Processing US and Global
- Test new set up, system enhancements, system updates and integrations affecting Global Payroll
- Provide work around solutions if the automated solution is not working correctly until a fix is deployed.
- Review Global Square policies and work rules updates to confirm our payroll tool is working in compliance.
- Work with multiple teams (i.e. HR, HRops, Accounting, Equity and Business Systems)
- Identify and participate in process improvement projects, including different implementation and upgrades
- Develop, review, maintain Payroll Standard Operating Procedure and job-aids.
- Work with the Payroll Analysts to provide excellent customer service to our employees and partners
- Work with internal team and vendors to ensure HR, Benefits and Payroll changes are processed, accurate funding occurs for all accounts, tax remittance, general ledger balancing, month-end close support is completed
- Assist Sr Global Payroll Manager with Global annual audits
- Support the payroll accounting team with Global Month end reconciliation research
- Support the Global Payroll Lead with Project management activity
- Participate in different payroll projects and other opportunities as assigned, about 25% of the time
- Willingness to support early or late conference call meeting global time zone
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in Global Payroll including understanding Global Payroll tax administration
- Understanding of basic Payroll accounting procedures
- Experienced in projects management
- Experience in system implementation, experience with ongoing technical support with Payroll system and multiple integrations.
- Proficient in MS Excel including advanced formulas functions (Vlookups, Pivot tables, IF statements)
- 5+ years of payroll experience and knowledgeable of Global wage and hourly laws
- Experience writing reports
- Working knowledge with Ultimate (Ultipro) and Workday HRIS a plus
- Understand SOX controls
- Experience keeping payroll and other employee personal information confidential
- Independent work style
- Experience working within deadlines
- CPP certification preferred
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.