Senior Software Engineer (Frontend), Invoices
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square Invoices is the easiest way for merchants to close sales and collect payments remotely. Our customers rely on our products because they are well designed, easy to use, and integrated with their business. We are a full stack, product oriented team, spanning across engineering, design, product, and marketing. You'll have a seat at the table in strategy decisions and will help the team accomplish our industry-leading growth goals.
You will report to the engineering lead and your team will be focused with an abundance of growth and influence opportunities. We focus on building the best tools to help our merchants close sales and get paid quickly, anywhere, at any time. At the same time we are doing this in a thoughtful and scalable way, making smart choices about how to automate functions for our merchants.
You are a product-minded, frontend engineer who can take an idea from prototype to a cornerstone of our merchants' business operations.
- Work with other engineers, designers, and product managers to develop outstanding product experiences.
- Oversee the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, automated testing, and rollout.
- Guide the architecture of our frontend systems to ensure quick and stable feature development
- Hold yourself, and your teammates accountable to the standards of engineering that enables Square to safely move billions of dollars in payments and allow our customers to trust us with their sensitive data.
- 4+ years frontend development experience
- Experience working on remarkable solutions to our merchants, keeping Return on investment top of mind
- Experience to the different stages of product development. This can mean building intentionally code to iterate quickly, or building a sustainable system to support our product for years to come.
- Experience with the connection between the software you build and the experience it supports to customers
- Experience working with other teams, such as designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing, and business development to provide a great product.
- First hand experience building products at scale.
- Proficiency in at least one front-end framework and an enthusiasm to learn others. Our engineers have all kinds of backgrounds and are encouraged to move freely across our technology stack.
Languages and technologies we use and teach:
- Technologies: Sass, HTML
- Frameworks: Ember.js, Rails, gRPC
- Infrastructure: MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.