Sales Account Executive
- New York, NY, USA
Square is looking for an Account Executive with a positive and winning attitude to join our Sales Team. Your entrepreneurial spirit and passion for problem-solving help you find opportunities for Square to help merchants grow. Your extraordinary communication skills help you connect with customers by email and phone - quickly establishing trust and relationships, and building value throughout the sales process.
- Lead the charge introducing Square to merchants in all markets: retail, food and drink, professional services, etc.
- Oversee the sales cycle from prospect to close and partner with other teams to ensure successful onboarding
- Achieve and exceed monthly sales goals through outbound sales efforts Understand the struggle of a customer and approach each conversation with a consultative approach
- Partner with Product and Marketing teams to ensure our solutions meet the needs of the market
- Use your prior sales experience to inform a creative go to market strategy
- 1+ year in a qualifying or prospecting role
- Experience or an interest in outbound sales and prospecting
- Experience exceeding sales targets
- A structured thought process with the ability to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers
- The ability to gather support from internal experts and external partners to position Square against competition
- Genuine curiosity about people and business, and can inspire passion in others
- An interest in implementing feedback, and dedication to the improvement of your craft
- Tenacity and an ability to adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills that help you connect with customers by email and phone - quickly establishing trust and partnership
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.