Lead UX Researcher, Financial Services Team
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
We are looking for experienced remote UX researchers to join Square's growing Financial Services Team (FST).
We know we can only build remarkable products if we have empathy for our customers' lives first and that's where you'll come in. You'll help connect Square with the sellers we serve—learning from their unique stories and challenges as small business owners to ensure our products are relevant, useful and delightful.
As a Lead researcher on Square's FST, you'll work on one of the core Square products that help sellers thrive in their businesses. Our products include Square's flagship payment products, our payroll processing products that help hourly employees get paid faster and our award-winning Square Card. You'll report to the Head of User Research for FST and be a part of a community of researchers where you can grow in your craft.
We're aiming to build a research team that mirrors the inclusivity of our Square seller community. We encourage candidates from all different backgrounds and all over the United States and Canada - from big cities to small towns - to apply. We also welcome you to share any personal life experiences that power your empathy for our sellers and desire for this role.
You'll be embedded into a collaborative team of Product Managers, Designers, Data Analysts, Marketers and more as the Lead researcher, focused on creating remarkable seller experiences in one of our product areas. You'll guide and inspire your team by delivering research that uncovers meaningful insights. You'll know you're successful when you've influenced strategic decisions that alleviate our seller's biggest pain points. Specifically, you'll:
- Create your team's research roadmap. You'll work with team members to identify, prioritize and scope research needs from small to large. You'll zoom in on where and how you can create the most impact.
- Design and execute research projects, choosing the right mix of quant/qual methods to answer complex questions. You'll bring your team members into your research process to grow their understanding of our sellers and the problems we're trying to solve.
- Provide guidance and training on research tools and techniques to encourage self-service UX research amongst your team members.
- Contribute to the FST and Square-wide research community, including creating ways to enhance the visibility of our research, learning from other's skills and sharing your own, and developing helpful tools and templates.
- Find efficient and creative ways to remotely glean comparative insights across Square's growing international markets (Canada, Australia, Ireland, Japan and more).
- 6+ years of experience leading impactful user research, ideally with/at innovative consumer, fintech, financial, mobile or digital companies.
- Empathy, knowledge and a deep desire to improve the lives of business owners.
- Successful collaborator with a track record of using research to influence decisions with Product Managers, Designers, Data Analysts, Marketers and more.
- Agile approach to building research roadmaps that deliver on wide-ranging team needs under tight timeframes.
- Experience designing and leading qualitative fieldwork using a range of techniques (e.g. 1:1 interviews, concept testing, usability testing, ethnographies, focus groups and co-creation workshops)
- Experience conducting survey research end-to-end including questionnaire development, programming, sample management, data analysis and reporting.
- Project management skills, including planning logistics, coordinating activities with multiple team members and flexibly adapting to changes. A willingness to get hands-on and personally recruit participants.
- Simple and clear style of communicating findings.
- Experience conducting research remotely across multiple markets.
- Expertise in conducting different types of research, including exploratory research, segmentation studies, value proposition, customer satisfaction, new product/feature testing, pricing and more.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.