- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
The Square Accounting team is looking for a Revenue Accountant based in San Francisco or remotely to play an important role in our growing team. You will report directly to the Revenue Accounting Manager. You will partner with the product and systems teams to ensure that business activities are captured and accounted for in our financial statements.
- Partner with engineering and product teams to build scalable revenue recognition processes in Oracle R12
- Review current revenue recognition processes, and implement process improvements to improve efficiency and timeliness of the close and reporting
- Prepare month-end journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules related to Square's payments ecosystem
- Reconcile intercompany balances and establish processes for state intercompany transactions
- Collaborate with Internal Audit and our independent public accounting firm on technical accounting matters
- Work closely with Technical Accounting, internal Square Accounting, Tax, Counsel, and Treasury teams to ensure day-to-day international operational needs and compliance requirements are met
- Improve our processes, and enhance documentation and controls as part of our SOX compliance efforts
- Work with diverse and teams, domestically and internationally
- Partner with Square's Finance & Strategy team to investigate variances between actual results and forecasts, and assist in the budgeting process
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audits performed by external auditors
- Complete special projects
- Passion for Square. Strong interest in technology/knowledge of the industry
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, CPA a plus
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Previous role(s) should include internal or external audit, GL accounting, and/or revenue accounting
- Technical knowledge and practical knowledge of revenue recognition standards ASC 605 and ASC 606 a plus
- Strong technical expertise of GAAP (U.S. and international). IFRS knowledge is a plus
- Tech savvy, strong at Excel - SQL experience a plus
- Oracle R12 or Oracle Cloud experience a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.