Senior Art Director, Financial Services Team
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We're looking for a Sr. Art Director to join our Financial Services team. It's our job to make people excited about Square and help them understand how our products work—so you will work on awareness, performance marketing, and growth retention projects alike. You will concept, art direct and design everything from product launches and videos to email campaigns and enterprise marketing collateral. This is an individual contributor role with a tremendous opportunity to influence one of our most important products.
You will work on an experienced, award-winning, full-service creative team. The team covers a range of disciplines including copy, design, web, video, photography, production, and operations. We partner with insights, brand, marketing and product design teams. You will report to the Financial Services Creative Director. You are conceptual, strategic, can share and sell ideas, and work toward innovation. You sweat the smallest details, understand what it takes to develop great creative work, excel in collaboration, and have a passion for inspiring team members.
Everything you work on will be designed to build the Square brand, promote growth of Square products, and grow the Square business.
- Direct and design concepts, assets, and visual treatments across different media and marketing channels
- Translate brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Use customer and industry data to inspire creative concepts and work with research and strategists to validate
- Foster partnerships with program management and a cross-discipline team of designers, writers, product marketers and channel partners
- Champion brand standards and design systems
- Motivate and encourage the team to ensure the work is maintaining a high level of craft and creative execution
- Work with partners across Square to maintain an integrated brand experience
- Play a participatory and influential role in driving the Square design community forward
- 8+ years of relevant experience, 3+ in senior role
- A portfolio that shows experience launching complex integrated campaigns
- Have led and art directed photography and video shoots
- Experience pushing a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- Defined and built brands
- Advanced design skills that cover multiple creative projects
- Experience with the formal elements of design including color, typography, and layout
- Fluency in Figma, Motion, Adobe Creative Suite
- Understand performance-based marketing strategies
- Familiarity with new and traditional brand channels and media
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of digital design
- Experience partnering with teams of designers, copywriters, program managers and product marketers
- A passion for storytelling
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.