Finance and Strategy Senior Manager - Marketing
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We are looking for a Senior Finance Manager, reporting to a Finance & Strategy Lead, to lead the Marketing Finance & Strategy team, which partners with business leads across Marketing and Data Science to shape how we invest to acquire merchants. The responsibilities of the team include identifying indicators to evaluate performance, creating frameworks for evaluating investments, analyzing our acquisition trends and discerning opportunities, and mapping the competitive landscape to better inform growth. This position can sit in any Square office in the US or be remote from any US state with the exception of Alaska.
- Be the primary Finance partner for our Head of Marketing
- Partner with Marketing leadership to develop new strategies and improve current channels in the US and globally
- Lead a team of three to 1) create analyses that allow leaders to make clear decisions, 2) forecast performance, including all trends, 3) surface strategic insights for partners, and 4) help inform Square's investment capacity
- Report results and communicate important takeaways to senior team members, including identifying opportunities or risks
- Collaborate across Marketing, Data Science, and Business Intelligence (among other teams) to understand complex relationships between key drivers of our business
- Lead strategic, high visibility projects
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including a background in Marketing Finance
- Advanced proficiency in excel (can perform complex functions), there will be a case study
- Experience managing a team
- Commitment to Square's purpose of Economic Empowerment
- Experience with SQL/comfort working with large datasets, preferred
- Experience with software, internet, payments or financial technology industry, preferred
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.