Android Software Engineer, Verse
- Barcelona, Spain
We are collaborating closely with the Cash App organization to build a product that refines the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible. This partnership will enhance support and continued investment in our company’s growth across the European Union.
We want to hire the best talent to join our team, headquartered in Spain. Interested in learning more?
As part of the Android engineering team for Verse, you’ll develop new customer-facing features and enhance our existing ones to scale. We’re developing industry-leading design systems and open source tools, all while adding exciting new functionality to our ecosystem. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building excellent user experiences to help us connect the universe through payments.
- Create durable, well-tested software for millions of users around the world
- Build and evolve features in an application used and loved by almost a million users
- Be involved in the user experience design process, from wireframes and mockups through implementation and release
- Work closely with designers and business teams to define and implement elegant solutions to interesting problems
- Write unit, integration and UI tests to prevent bugs
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Collaborate with the Product team to plan new features and work with iOS and backend engineers
- Have a meaningful impact on the future Verse
- Relocation Package and Visa Sponsorship provided
- Square Equity
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness Perks
- Paid parental Leave
- Learning and Development Resources
- Unlimited Office Food & Beverages
Who we're looking for:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or similar background in technical field
- Proven work experience as an Android Developer
- Solid portfolio of released applications on the Google Play Store
- In-depth knowledge of Kotlin and Java
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs (RxJava / RxJava 2)
- Experience in scalability and architecture
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.