Technical Program Manager, Partnerships
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) focused on business process and technology, you'll use your technical expertise to program manage solutions for complex problems to promote ultimate productivity across the Partnerships & go-to-market organization.
Square's TPMs manage the entire lifecycle of projects, from project planning and kickoff, to execution and launch. They bring order to our teams (and partners) by thinking scalably and openly working with cross-functional project team members to design and improve processes and tools. They are comfortable working within both highly technical and less-technical disciplines to ensure that project inputs and requirements are transformed seamlessly into impactful results. You will report into the Head of Partnerships Operations and Enablement.
- Manage our largest cross-team technology programs which includes gathering inputs & requirements, defining milestones and success criteria, allocating resources and ensuring a successful delivery
- Lead projects that involve implementing new GTM systems and/or optimizing existing systems to fit the current and future needs of our business
- Coordinate project work across all disciplines and communicate business rules to technical resources (System/Tooling Engineers, CRM Developers, Data Engineers) and direct their work.
- Partner with essential leaders and partners across Partnerships, Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Business Systems, and Legal to adequately plan for future programs
- Communicate and work with partners across all levels to facilitate and influence decision-making and problem-solving
- Promote project management best practices and train others on PM processes and tools across teams
- Help develop internal processes and documentation to encourage knowledge sharing
- 5-8 years of experience in one or combination of the following: Technical program management role leading & supporting complex projects for for Sales/ Marketing/ Partnerships business functions; Business/Sales Operations role; or management consulting with significant technology industry experience
- Experience with Salesforce and how it support business operations; bonus for understanding of other Systems/ Tools such as Marketo, Guru and Seismic
- Experience leading programs in a B2B SaaS organization
- Understanding of Partnerships Lifecycle from prospect to negotiation, and from handoff to launch and partner management; or understanding of Sales Lifecycle and able to extrapolate that to Partnerships
- Experience in all phases of a project, including identification of the business problem, development of business cases and project plans, and project management and closeout
- Able to work independently to create structure in fast-paced, ambiguous environments
- Experience working between both business and technical teams to promote effective and timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills; rigorous approach to program management to deliver enterprise-level projects
- Experience working cross functionally to build relationships at all levels, both within the team and with partners
Nice-to-have/ bonus: SQL proficiency
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.