Customer Onboarding & Due Diligence Lead
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We are looking for a Customer Onboarding and Due Diligence Lead to join Square and support the continued building of our Cash App Compliance program. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked by implementing an outstanding compliance program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the Company. You will support the Cash App Compliance Customer Onboarding and Management ("COM") program by leading an operational team responsible for ongoing sanctions and KYC reviews, and driving the development of the customer onboarding and due diligence program. You will report to the COM lead.
- Oversee global customer onboarding and due diligence operations, including training, hiring, coaching, and managing staff
- Develop and maintain procedures applicable to the team, including iterating on existing workflows and making recommendations to the COM Lead to refine and add operational efficiency
- Work with other Compliance Leads to guide strategic planning on team growth, organizational structure, focus areas, and quarterly goals
- Understand regulatory landscape and compliance requirements; with emphasis on applicable Sanctions and BSA/AML requirements including customer identification, due diligence best practices, sanction screening requirements, and all know your customer protocols
- Create, monitor and accomplish operational metrics and implement solutions with COM program managers regarding any issues identified
- Collaborate with program management on ongoing technology, and process/workflow change plans and ensure appropriate team adoption
- Keep up-to-date knowledge on Sanctions and BSA/AML regulatory changes and landscape
- Provide guidance and insight on account escalations, including handling account escalations from junior team members
- 5+ years in a Sanctions or BSA/AML senior compliance / compliance operations role with a financial services firm, preferably in the payment or Fintech space
- 3+ years people management experience
- Strong operational knowledge in building and running a sound Compliance program with hands-on knowledge of MSB regulatory requirements
- Proficiency in Sanctions and BSA/AML laws and regulations including having the ability to analyze regulations for determining permissible transactions and activity
- A metrics-driven approach to create substantiated solutions and efficiency
- A strategic vision and leadership skills with proven ability to motivate and inspire team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent Square at industry events
- Ability to present and communicate findings to senior leadership
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.