Talent Operations Analyst
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Oakland, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square's People Analytics Team surfaces insights that guide better and more impactful people decisions across the company. We are looking for a Talent Analytics Partner to support our Seller, InfoSec, and Platform/Infrastructure business units (known as SIP). This high impact role will partner closely with the SIP Talent Acquisition team to help improve our programs, processes, and analytics across the recruiting function. You will partner on recruiting data analytics and build dashboards, reports, and ad hoc trend analysis to help improve our hiring process. You will work with SIP Talent Acquisition leadership to achieve our hiring goals and communicate insights to our business partners. You will also use both analytical and problem solving skills to make strategic recommendations and deploy results that create meaningful change. You will report into People Analytics but provide dedicated "dotted line" support to the SIP People Team.
- Develop dashboards and analyses that power recruiting team decisions and operations.
- Evaluate and report on key metrics for the Seller Talent Acquisition organization on a global level.
- Partner across all levels of recruiting leadership and provide data to drive more informed decision making.
- Translate complex findings and data in a compelling and easy-to-understand narrative for audiences of all technical levels.
- Communicate analyses and recommendations to multiple cross-functional business partners, including SIP executives.
- Make recommendations to improve existing data-collection methodologies.
- Evaluate Square's recruiting lifecycle and processes to improve both efficiency and quality.
- Develop training and documentation to support adoption of data tools
- Be an advocate of data-driven culture on the SIP People Team and across Square
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a highly analytical role.
- Proficiency with data visualization tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau) and SQL.
- Experience conducting independent analysis and making recommendations
- Advanced expertise in Excel / Google Sheets (formulas, pivot tables, etc.)
- Process mapping and systems improvement experience.
- Experience dealing with sensitive and confidential data.
- Experience with analytics in a scaling Talent Acquisition organization is preferred.
- Highly flexible attitude; ability to proactively define problems and manage projects in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization.
- Experience with any of these tools in our People tech stack: Workday, Visier, SmartRecruiters, Snowflake
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.