Senior Software Engineer, Financial Crimes Technology
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
The Financial Crimes Technology team at Square finds and reports financial crimes activity across Square products like our Seller tools. They work globally with partners in engineering and counsel to guarantee we’re meeting our regulatory requirements, customer experience, and agent experience expectations.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build new solutions that further those goals, joining our global compliance team in the process. At our scale, we’re monitoring billions of dollars in transactions across traditional payment and blockchain networks. We’re uncovering money laundering topologies before they impact our users and upend lives. Help us solve these challenging problems with data science, machine learning, and efficient tooling.
You will work with technical and non-technical teams across the company to surface, display, and act on meaningful data in a simple, thoughtful way. Together, we’ll improve workflow and case tools, adding features that empower agent productivity and automate the high volume of monitoring and reporting we do.
- Build and maintain critical tooling that helps Square act quickly on potential risks to the business
- Write clean, testable, peer-reviewed code, which will be a model for the team around you
- Work closely with product, operations, and other stakeholders to gather requirements and design scalable solutions to customer problems
- Partner with other technical teams like data science to allow us to move fast and execute on shared goals
- Lead efforts to help shape the future technical direction of the team
- Adhere to and advocate for engineering best practices across the team, such as robust automated testing and observability
- Provide mentorship to other engineers and help set a strong team culture
- 5-8+ years software engineering experience
- Experience building products end to end - from technical design, implementation, testing, and launch
- An ability to maintain critical production software and build new production software from scratch
- Desire or experience working with Fintech, Regtech, blockchain, machine learning, data science, and virtual currencies
- Rigorous attention to detail - our tools have to work correctly to keep Square safe
- Natural curiosity and desire to grow and help shape all aspects of our small and growing team
- Excellent communication skills and are comfortable working with a cross-functional, globally distributed team
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.