Java Developer - Partner Integrations
- Oslo, Norway
As a Java developer at TIDAL, you will have the unique opportunity to work with the latest technology on one of the most sophisticated music streaming platforms. Our technology stack currently includes AWS, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, Postgres, DynamoDB, Kinesis, and Lambda. We constantly evaluate the latest technologies and we have the freedom to choose the right ones to solve the task.
You will be part of our Partner Integration team that are responsible for development of new and existing integrations towards partners. We own integrations like Sonos, Alexa Voice and our own TIDAL Connect solution. You will also work closely with our Backend Content team which is responsible for serving relevant content to our users, emphasizing an advanced search functionality and a rich metadata model. In this role you will have the possibility to imprint your craftsmanship in our product and your work will be seen by millions of users every week
Some of the tasks you will be challenged with:
- High load and high peaks in traffic
- Work with complex content structure
- Implement new features that improve our clients
- Maintain and improve our partner integrations including Sonos Music API, Alexa Voice and TIDAL Connect
- Develop our search engine further
What we are looking for in our new developer:
- You are an experienced Java developer and you are eager to work with the latest Java technologies
- We consider it an advantage if you have experience with Scala
- You have knowledge of and are excited about API driven development
- You have experience with microservices
- You need to be fluent in English since it is our company language
- We consider it an advantage if you have experience with search
Who you are:
- You are a self-driven and motivated developer who enjoys working in a team. Your best work is done in collaboration with your team members.
- You are comfortable communicating with others both inside and outside your immediate team
- You are flexible and positive about taking on responsibility, and you think it is important to follow through to deliver results.
- We consider it an advantage if you have experience in working with external partners
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development Resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.