Sales Manager, UK
- London, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Sales Manager to lead a team of Account Executives and increase revenue against individual, team and overall Sales goals. You will be a brand ambassador for Square UK and help find opportunities for Square to help UK businesses grow. Your entrepreneurship will be a valuable contribution to developing our strategy, growing our mid-market sales team, and establishing a culture of crisp execution.
As a people manager with sales experience (specifically new business), you will build a successful Sales team that generates success for our sellers and Square. You'll use insights and deep Square product knowledge to educate and support sellers, understanding how our ecosystem of products can fit different types of businesses. You will work with Square sellers of all sizes, from mid-market to larger strategic partnerships, and will report to the Head of Sales, UK.
- Create a team culture of trust, accountability, success and fun where people are encouraged to share information, constructively debate, and communicate freely
- Support direct reports by participating in client and prospect meetings
- Mentor and develop a team of senior salespeople which includes hiring and training new account executives on sales process
- Refine the outbound sales strategy, process, and tactics to improve performance
- Use sales metrics to manage the team and individual AEs, tracking the results and succinctly reporting to senior management
- Conduct weekly pipeline review and forecast meetings with AEs
- Coach direct reports regarding strategies to drive revenue and customer success
- Use the customer voice to drive improvements in interactions and product
- Envision new and innovative ideas and approaches and take them to fruition
- 6+ years of sales experience in Mid-Market/Enterprise with documented sales success and proven track record above 100% as an individual contributor.
- 2+ years experience in people management
- Solid knowledge and experience in successful outbound tools and sales processes
- Expertise in creating rigour around sales metrics and managing yourself or others to achieve metrics
- Mentored, coached and onboarded salespeople in the past
- Partnered with cross-functional teams and departments in a fast paced environment
- The ability to rapidly hire and train new account executives
- The ability to streamline decision-making and consider the downstream and upstream effects of potential decisions
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organisational, communication and listening skills
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.