Senior Software Engineer - Businesses, Cash App
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Kitchener, Canada
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
The Cash App Commerce team is a new team in charge of inventing and building innovative products and experiences for connecting people + businesses. This is an exciting and rare chance to join us as a founding member of this team working on a high growth opportunity. We work on helping people find businesses/services and helping businesses reach customers. We are fundamentally inventing new ways to pay and get paid that are useful and relatable. The contributions you make on this team will be used by millions of people in a wide variety of scenarios.
- Scope, build, and scale products, systems, and services that have an immediate impact on our customers
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions
- Participate in all parts of product development, working with non-Engineering related disciplines (Product and Design) and adjacent Engineering teams (Mobile, Platform, Machine Learning, and Data Science)
- 3-8+ years of software development or equivalent experience
- Boundless curiosity, persistence and a desire to get things done
- Enthusiasm for multiple technical areas
- Experience building backend systems and working with FE/mobile teams
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- MySQL, Dynamo, ElasticSearch
- gRPC and Protocol Buffers
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.